Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Well-known actors in original version

Well-known actors in original version 7 years 6 months ago #1512

Watching re-runs on ITV4 I am always surprised at the familiar well known faces (much younger then!) who turn up in various episodes. Seen recently, Peter Bowles, Anton Rogers and George Baker - all fine actors.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Well-known actors in original version 7 years 5 months ago #1544

• jedicary
  • Fresh Boarder
Was just wondering... are there very many actors that are still alive from this series? Has anyone got maybe a group photo/poster that is signed by all the major actors??

Was wondering this as the six of one society has actors all the time at their convention... so I'm assuming that people get autographs?

Anyway... have a great time... and...

Be seeing you!!

Re:Well-known actors in original version 7 years 5 months ago #1551

Re: actor's autographs, I have recently written to some of the surviving actors but there aren't many. In some cases there are whole episodes where either no one has survived or the actors are no longer acting and therefore not registered with an agent. If anyone is interested I could post a list of successes I have had with the addresses I've used?

Re:Well-known actors in original version 7 years 5 months ago #1556

• jedicary
  • Fresh Boarder
Please do post that. It would be awesome information. I know that Star Wars Celebrations (conventions) have many of the original actors signing autographs... they even have a book for sale that has photos and autographs of all actors at the convention. I know those books are close to $1,000... but you get every autograph... usually about 60 to 80 Autographs.

I know that it's harder now for the Prisoner because so many people are deceased from the original cast... but figured I would ask if anything like that exists.

Re:Well-known actors in original version 7 years 5 months ago #1557

A pleasure. I'll update this (or start a new thread entitled Autographs) as and when I get more positive responses. I've written to 11 actors and so far had replies from 4:

Sir Donald Sinden (The Colonel in Many Happy Returns)
c/o Chatto & Linnit, 123A Kings Road, London SW3 4PL

Christopher Benjamin (3 episodes)c/o Ken McReddie Associates Ltd, 11 Connaught Place, London W2 2ET

John Castle (Number 12 in The General) c/o Dalzell & Beresford Ltd, 26 Astwood Mews, London SW7 4DE

Dennis Chinnery (Gunther in Many Happy Returns) c/o Spotlight, 7 Leicester Place, London WC2H 7RJ

All very kindly sent me a signed photo, personally inscribed, and an index card which I sent them.

Keep us posted with your Prisoner successes!

Be Seeing You

Brian

Re:Well-known actors in original version 6 years 5 months ago #1810

Since my last post I have also had favourable responses from Fenella Fielding (the Village Announcer), Robert Rietti (voice of Number 2 and other voiceovers), Wanda Ventham (Its Your Funeral), Mark Eden (Its Your Funeral) and Alan White (Dance of the Dead). Nothing yet from Derren Nesbitt. Let me know if you need addresses.
Be Seeing You.
Brian.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

The Prisoner on Facebook

More Prisoner

Notice

The Final Word

This site is an unofficial guide to Dangerman (1960), The Prisoner (1967) and The Prisoner (2009). Images and text are copyright their respective owners, portions owned by Granada Media, Granada International, American Movie Classics Company LLC and AMCtv.com. Other content Copyright © 2006-2013, may not be reproduced without permission.
Please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. Website by Pure Glow Media. Find out about Theme Parks in America | Bournemouth | Jack Bauer's 24